Halloween is right around the corner and I thought it would be fun to make some holiday themed treats for the kids. These Witches’ Brew Cupcakes are a snap to make for any classroom or party and are 100% gluten-free that any kid would enjoy. Who doesn’t love cupcakes, right?
The green goo is white chocolate pudding with a touch of green food coloring mixed with mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips. The green definitely makes this. It reminds me of the movie Better Off Dead when Lane’s mom serves dinner and the slime crawls off Lane’s plate across the table…am I showing my age now? One of the greatest movies ever! I want my two dollars. Now, I think I need to watch it. Anyway, I wandered, back to the cupcakes. The pretzel stick is added for the presentation of stirring the witches’ brew in her cauldron.
Now, the green goo was hard to get past and actually eat. I promise, it does taste a lot better than it looks.
Halloween Gluten-Free Candy Reference
I personally don’t have little ghosts or goblins, but understand the importance of keeping the little ones food safe during this holiday. I found a helpful Gluten-Free Candy List that was updated this month from AboutHealth.com. Along with another article that includes what is gluten-free and what isn’t from Gluten-Free Gigi.
Cut out the center of the cupcake using a paring knife to fill with the “Brew” pudding.
- 1 box instant white chocolate pudding (Jello)
- 10 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Devil’s Food Cake Mix)
- 18 pretzel sticks (Snynder Gluten-Free or Glutino)
- Make pudding per instructions on the box.
- Mix in marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate per box instructions or overnight.
- Make cupcake per instructions on the box.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut a hole in the center of cupcakes using a paring knife.
- Fill with pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add pretzel stick to each cupcake right before serving.