What to do with leftover quinoa??? Make a delicious treat, of course. Well, I guess it doesn’t need to be left over, but that where this all started. I always have left over quinoa. And I was bored. So I started exploring in the kitchen. I really didn’t have a goal in mind, so this recipe was definitely happy accident.
My White Chocolate Pecan Quinoa Crunch is made with crispy quinoa and toasted pecans covered in white chocolate with a hint of cinnamon. It reminds me a lot of Nestlé Crunch with the crispy chocolate taste. It’s very sweet and will disappear in moments, it’s that tasty.
- 1 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1½ teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (used in melting chocolate)
- Preheat 375°F oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix quinoa and olive oil until quinoa is coated.
- Add sugar, pecans and cinnamon, mix well.
- Spread in an even layer onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, stirring a few times to evenly dry out quinoa. Quinoa will start to pop and turn dark brown in color.
- Once out of the oven, cool while you melt the chocolate. (I used the microwave, per package directions and used a medium glass bowl).
- Add quinoa mixture into melted chocolate and stir until well combined. (Keep parchment paper on baking sheet, it will be used again.)
- Spread in an even layer onto parchment paper lined baking sheet to desired thickness.
- Place in freezer to harden for about an hour.
- Break into pieces and store in an air-tight container.