I love popcorn! I worked at a movie theater in high school and I think that is where the love affair began. Movie theater popcorn, oh so yummy! I can eat popcorn plain, with butter, just salt, stale — it really doesn’t matter. To add a little spice to my air-popped popcorn, I added a sriracha lime butter topping.
It was just the right amount of heat and citrus flavor without being over the top. I ate the whole bowl myself! But that’s not unusual with popcorn. The Sriracha Lime Popcorn topping is a great alternative to just plain butter to mix up your movie night or if you looking for a spicy snack.
- ½ cup popcorn, un-popped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- sea salt (if needed)
- In a small bowl, stir together zest and juice from lime, butter and sriracha.
- In an air-popper, pop popcorn into large bowl.
- Drizzle a little of sriracha mixture over popcorn. Carefully fold popcorn using rubber spatula and drizzle more mixture. Continue until all of mixture is gone.
- Sprinkle more salt, if needed.