What goes great with homemade Everything Bagels? Homemade cream cheese of course. This homemade cream cheese is about as homemade as I’ll do. Maybe someday I’ll venture into making cream cheese from scratch, but for now, it saves time to use Philadelphia. It’s a quick easy recipe to get fresh tasting pumpkin cream cheese. I added in some walnuts because of my love for the honey walnut cream cheese from Panera Bread. Oh, that stuff is sooooo good. I haven’t had it since going gluten-free, but I still remember.
Tidbit | I made Everything Bagels using Pamela’s Bread Mix. You can find my bread and bagel review here.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ⅛ cup walnuts, finely chopped or crushed
- Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until softened.
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Scoop into covered airtight container and refrigerate until chilled, about an hour.
- Serve on a gluten-free toasted bagel or English muffin.