Every morning after my run or workout, I enjoy a Greens Protein Shake. I’ve been drinking it years now and being a creature of routine, it’s challenging to make a new kind of shake or smoothie. Take out the blender, grab all the ingredients and measure stuff out. It’s a lot to do when you’re sweating and out of breath. I like my shake. It’s easy and ready in about 3 minutes, if that. But since I’m trying new things, a smoothie seemed like an excellent choice.
The Pumpkin Protein Smoothie is actually really tasty. Definitely worth dragging out the blender once and awhile. It has a bit more ingredients than other smoothies out there, but with it being Fall and pumpkin time, I thought it was a good one to try. It had a clean and refreshing taste with a bit of pumpkin and spice, but not too much. It was perfect in lieu of my greens shake.
Now, I won’t be making a smoothie every morning, but maybe on Saturday or Sunday. What’s your favorite smoothie? I’m not sure what to try next.
- ½ cup milk
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use BioChem: Whey Protein)
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree (about half a can)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- ice (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and cover.
- Puree until combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add more milk if smoothie is to thick.
- Pour and enjoy!