Pumpkin Pie Rollup Recipe is a twist on the traditional pumpkin pie made with gluten-free crepes, pumpkin, cream cheese and pie spices topped with whipped cream and cinnamon. Light and creamy with a taste of Fall!
I saw this recipe using flour tortillas and they looked amazing. Gluten-free flour tortillas are hit or miss in taste (in my opinion) and not always easy to find. The last ones I made worked, but I thought they would be too heavy for this recipe.
What’s gluten-free, can be easily rolled and a snap to make….Crepes!! Crepes would be perfect to replace the tortillas. This does add a bit of time to make the crepes, but it’s worth it to have a delicious gluten-free dessert.
Click here for my Gluten-Free Crepe recipe : Side note – I used my immersion blender this time and it worked great!
My first photo shoot in the new home/studio. I have 2 -2′ x 2′ wood boards I painted white to create a foreground and background with the help of 90° brackets and clamps found at Home Depot. I purchased several vinyl backgrounds off Etsy to create different looks (marble, brick, wood, etc.). It still needs some tweaking, but I think it will work. I can use either natural lighting from the two side windows or I have a small lighting kit stored under the dinette seat along with my simple prop selection.
This shoot was definitely not perfect and I actually shot way too late in the day to get the best light, but laundry took longer than I had planned and the gray skies weren’t helping either. Everything takes a little longer in the Outback. You have to clean up one mess before starting another. While the crepes were cooking, I was using the dinette table to start the pumpkin filling….which meant I had to wait until they were in the oven (15 minutes) to wash the dishes, dry, put them away and then setup the photo studio. Phew! The good news is…. it worked! I made a recipe from scratch, shot it and it doesn’t look that bad. Still better than some of my first shoots – that’s for sure.
- Pumpkin Filling
- 15 oz can pure pumpkin
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened/room temp
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Make your [url:http://www.glutenfreeyumms.com/gluten-free-crepes-recipe/]gluten-free crepes[/url] first
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and cream cheese together using an electric mixer.
- Add pumpkin and spices, mix for 90 secs or until smooth.
- Set aside.
- One at a time, brush crepes on one side with butter and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Flip crepe over and scoop ⅓ cup of pumpkin filling in the center of crepe, spread filling out evenly to cover crepe.
- Roll crepe and place seam down into prepared baking dish.
- Bake on middle rack for 15 minutes.
- Allow Pumpkin Pie Rollups to cool for 20 minutes and store in the fridge.
- Serve with whipped cream.