This Pineapple Salsa is sweet with a little spicy. Made with all fresh ingredients, it makes a great topping for tacos, grilled chicken or fish or even a dish side. I’ve been visiting Kauai and came across this fabulous appetizer called Kahlua Pork Nachos. It was your basic nachos with chips and melted cheese topped with Kahlua pulled pork, pineapple salsa and avocado sour cream. Delicious! I almost licked the plate clean.
Click here for a similar Pulled Pork recipe to make your own Hawaiian nachos at home.
- 1 pineapple, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, diced and seeds removed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced (remove ribs and seeds if you can’t stand the heat)
- 1 green pepper
- ½ red onion, diced
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine everything in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.