King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Cookie Mix is the perfect brown sugar cookie base that everyone will enjoy. This mix creates soft and moist cookies that will keep for days in an airtight container, if they last that long. King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Cookie Mix allows you to create your favorite cookie with the “make it special with your add-ins.” The possibilities are endless with this cookie mix, using any combination of chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, peanut butter, oatmeal, coconut, or whatever you can think of. You can even turn this cookie mix into a bar mix.
King Arthur Flour states on their cookie mix box, “For warm cookies anytime, scoop dough balls, freeze and bake when desired.”
Freezer Test: I froze nine dough balls for 24 hours, then baked per the box instructions. These cookies came out as if I baked them the same day. They stayed moist and chewy for at least three days (sorry, I ate them!).
White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookie
Oh how I’ve missed the White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookie! I’d had only used the King Arthur Gluten-Free Cookie Mix in the past to make Chocolate Chip Cookies, which are very good by the way. A gluten-free version of Toll House, yumm! But craving my favorite cookie, I thought I’d give it a go and they were perfect! I would definitely recommend this cookie mix as the base of your favorite cookie. Here’s what I did for my White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookie. Enjoy!
- 1 box of King Arthur Gluten-Free Cookie Mix
- ½ cup soft butter or vegetable shortening
- 1 egg, large
- 2 tbs water
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put half the cookie mix into a bowl and beat in the butter.
- Add egg and water and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in the remaining cookie mix, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- With a wooden spoon, mix in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Drop a heaping tablespoon of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, leaving 2" between cookies.
- Bake until just browned, about 8 to 9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let the cookies cool on the pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.