Is it summer yet? It’s never to early to start planning out those summer weekends. This delicious and sweet sangria is wonderful for any hot summer day. I have found that a lot of the gluten-free beers are just to bitter for me to drink. I mostly drink Omission beer, but sometimes it’s nice to have something light and fruity to drink.
For whatever reason, we don’t own a pitcher. This became a bit of a problem when trying to mix and chill the ingredients all together. I ended up using my blender jar, it could hold more than what I needed, it had a cover and it could pour (well…pour better than any other idea I came up with), plus it fit into the already packed fridge to chill overnight. I really need to invest in a pitcher or figure out where that safe place is that I’m currently storing mine. But the blender jar worked out great, if you’re not going for presentation that is or serving in front guests.
I used a bottle of Pinot Grigio, which was only $5.99 at my local liquor store, mixed with local raw honey, fresh blackberries, strawberries and oranges to create this sparkling white sangria. I think this is my new favorite summer drink. It comes fruit salad and has no bitter after taste!
- 1 bottle white wine (Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio)
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, washed
- 1 orange, thinly slice
- 2 cups sparkling water, chilled
- fresh mint sprigs, garnish
- In a 2 quart pitcher, stir wine and honey, until honey has dissolved.
- Add strawberries, blackberries and half the orange slices.
- Cover and chill for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Stir in sparkling water and add the remaining orange slices.
- Garnish with mint and serve.