Grilled tilapia with veggies in a foil packet is an easy and healthy summer meal. The foil packets makes the tilapia tender and have incredible seasoned tasted along with the wonderful flavor of fresh tomatoes, zucchini, red onion and lemon.
I made this dinner last week and was amazed on how delicious it was. It was one of those, let’s see what I have in the fridge kind of nights. I’ll admit, I’ve been pretty lazy about going to the grocery store these last few weeks. I had a leftover tomato from making fresh salsa, a random zucchini floating in the crisper, a lemon that was never used to for ice tea and a couple tilapia loins in the freezer. It was a hot summer day and I really didn’t want to use the oven. I never had much luck with grilling fish, but never tried grilling in a foil packets. What’s the worse that can happen? Pizza delivery is only a phone call away.
As I was looking through the unorganized cabinet of spices, I found the Sazon and right on the label, season fish and vegetables. (I purchased the Sazon seasoning for another recipe and had only used it once. I usually don’t buy something for only one recipe, but I really wanted to try the Sazon seasoning.) It was perfect for this dinner and flavored the tilapia beautifully. Each bite was delicious and it was gone before I knew it.
- 2 tilapia loins
- olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Sazon all-purpose seasoning
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- Place each tilapia loin in the center of non-stick foil. drizzle with olive oil and season with Sazon.
- Cut the lemon in half. Cut one half in half and squeeze each tilapia loin with one quarter of the lemon
- Place two slices of tomato on each tilapia loin and sprinkle two tablespoons of red onion.
- Layer half the zucchini slices on each and season lightly with Sazon.
- Slice the other half of lemon in four circle slices and place two slices on top of each tilapia piece.
- Fold up edges of foil to completely seal and no steam will escape.
- Wrap with another piece of foil.
- Place foil packets on a heated grill and close the cover.
- Grill for 15 minutes or about 20-25 minutes for frozen, or until fish is opaque and cooked through.