Gluten-free strawberry cheesecake parfaits are a perfectly sweetened Summer dessert with absolutely no baking. Each spoonful is fulled with crunchy granola, creamy cheesecake and fresh sweet strawberries.
August has arrived and the final month of Summer is here. I’m not ready for Summer to come to an end. I love my flip flops to much! I still have a few camping trips left, which I’m very excited about. The first one is right out my back door, camping and hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park and the other is visiting Custer State Park in South Dakota. I’ve been trying to visit Custer since May. It will be a whirl wind of a trip, but should be exciting. My second solo camping adventure at Game Lodge campground. Custer is huge! It’s filled with hikes, lakes, rivers/creeks — I could probably spend the whole weekend there and not be bored. But, there are so many fun things to do! Since this will be my first trip to South Dakota and several “points of interest” within a half an hour, I need to explore a bit. The plan is to visit Mount Rushmore National Memorial (ah, my own North by Northwest experience- do you think they will let me climb on the faces?), Crazy Horse Memorial and Wind Cave National Park. The Wind Cave should be amazing. I read that one tour has about 450 stairs and there’s another that is about four hours, you get a hard hat and you basically crawl through the tour. How fun would that be! There are a few other national parks in the area, the Jewel Cave National Monument, Devils Tower in Wyoming and Badlands National Park, but that might be pushing my weekend. There’s just too many amazing things to see in this country. Plus, Custer has a wildlife drive that loops through the park, which I hear is full of bison, elk and possibly big horn sheep!
Now, I need to figure out what I’ll be eating on my adventure. Wish I could bring some of these parfaits! Do you have any trips left for this summer?
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, clean and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package 8-ounce cream cheese
- 5.3 ounces Greek vanilla yogurt ( Oikos)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons gluten-free granola, divided (Udi's Vanilla Granola)
- mint (optional for garnish)
- In a medium bowl, place strawberries and sprinkle with sugar and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a stand mixer, mix together cream cheese, yogurt, vanilla extract and heavy cream until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
- In four cups, small mason jars or martini glasses, place 2 tablespoons granola on the bottom of each.
- Add 1 large tablespoon of cheesecake mixture.
- Add 1 spoonful of strawberries.
- Layer 2 tablespoons granola in each serving.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cheesecake mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining granola, about 1½ teaspoons.
- Divide the remaining strawberries.
- Garnish with mint.
- Serve* and Enjoy!