The basic Gluten-Free Crepes recipe is perfect and easy for all your recipes using crepes. Crepes can be filled with either sweet and savory fillings and topped with flavorful sauces or fruit. These very thin pancakes can dress up any meal!
I love how you can make the batter ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for a day or two in a sealed container. (Just simply give the batter a quick whisk before using.) But even better, you can make the Gluten-Free Crepes a few days ahead and then just reheat them in a warm skillet.
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour (I use King Arthur Flour)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- In a blender, combine flour, sugar, salt, milk, eggs and butter.
- Puree until the mixture is smooth and bubbles from the top, about 30 seconds.
- Let the batter rest for about 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium. Lightly cover with butter or cooking spray. Add ⅓ cup of batter and swirl to completely cover the bottom of the skillet. Cook until the underside is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Loosen the edges of the crepe with a rubber spatula, then flip the the crepe over quickly. Continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Slide crepe out of skillet. Give your batter a quick stir using a whisk and repeat from Step 3. (Coat your pan as needed with butter or cooking spray.)