There are many trail mixes out there and I always find that they are ruined with potential gluten. Last thing I want is to be out on a trail and the gluten takes over. This Easy Gluten-Free Trail Mix is made from different nuts and chocolate chips. It’s basically everything I like and what happens to be in the apartment. Of course, you can take this recipe and make it your own by adding dried fruits, rice crackers, other kinds of nuts and what ever else tickles your fancy. I make a huge bowl and then divide it into little snack bags for an easy grab when I need a quick snack on the trail, road trippin’ or in the kayak.
I still can’t eat dried fruit. I try and try and it’s just not happening. I do like the idea of banana chips added in. I’ll need to pick some of those up for next time. The great thing about making your own, it’s completely yours. No picking out the stuff you don’t like, no complaining how there’s not enough of something and there’s no potential gluten or nut allergy.
What would you add into your trail mix?
- 1 cup each unsalted whole or half nuts, (pecan, walnuts, cashews, peanuts, almonds)
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk or dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup each dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, banana chips, blueberries, etc.) *optional
- Mix all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Storage in an airtight container at room temperature.