Cheesy Chicken Bites are perfect for a gluten-free school lunch or even an after school snack. This simple make-ahead recipe is made with chicken breast, cheddar cheese, crunchy gluten-free breadcrumbs and a dash of seasoning. These little bites are freezer friendly and delicious warm or cold dipped in your favorite sauce.
It’s that time of year again! School starting always reminds me of Fall, but when school starts in August — it throws me off a bit. I grew up in New Hampshire and we always started school after Labor Day. The leaves would start to change a few weeks later and if you’ve never seen a New England Fall, you must add it to your bucket list. Simply beautiful! All the vibrant colors covering the hill sides and lawns. Love it! Colorado’s Fall isn’t to ugly either. Seeing the mountains sides turn bright yellow with a splash of orange or red from the Aspens is breathtaking. As much as I don’t want summer to end, I’m pretty excited about going leaf peeping. I think I more love the excuse to go explore somewhere for a few days. We’ll see where I end up this year… southwest Colorado maybe?? We’ll see, but for right now… I’m going to enjoy the last few weeks of summer with the hot sunny days and warm breeze nights. There will be plenty of time for Fall.
- 1 12.5 ounce can chicken breast, minced
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together chicken, cheese, breadcrumbs and italian seasoning.
- Add egg and mix until well combined.
- Form 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve plain or a dipping sauce.