Baked Egg and Grits with Ham and Cheese is a great brunch or weekend breakfast idea. The cheesy grits with the running egg yolk mixed with honey sliced ham….simply yumms!
I’ve never been a big breakfast person. Well.. I’d rather sleep that extra ten minutes. I do however absolutely LOVE breakfast food. I could eat breakfast for every meal. The SO isn’t a big fan of breakfast for dinner. Crazy, right? Who could turn away pancakes? Lucky for me (in a way), he travels a bit and I can indulge in breakfast for dinner a few times a month. Yumms!
I lived in Georgia for 12 years and love grits, but I understand that not everyone likes the grits. This recipe will still work if you use Cream of Rice or Quinoa Rice and Shine. I’m not sure about oatmeal, but go ahead a try and let me know. Not sure why I’m hesitant of the oatmeal/egg combo. Maybe too meaty with hearty oatmeal and ham?? Oooo, I guess I should before completely dismissing it.
- 4 servings grits
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices ham, thin
- 4 large eggs
- Make grits per package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, butter 4 6-ounce ramekins and place on a baking sheet.
- Place one serving of grits into each ramekin.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Add one piece of ham in each ramekin.
- Break an egg over each piece of ham and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-17, until eggs are cooked to your liking.